Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mess I've Made

Look at the mess I made.

I barely got out alive,

I've still got the scars to show.

I can't say I never tried,

But it finally feels alright to just let go.

No more waiting around for things that will never be.

No more wishing the scars would fade.


Look at the mess I made.

I guess they said it would hurt this way.

I meant every word I said, no matter what I stand by that.

It hurt. I hurt. But no more wishing this was all just a bad dream.

I used to think the worst part was it was so hard to feel anything at all.

But now the hardest part is it’s so hard to actually feel for once.

No more looking back, No more waiting. This life is short.

But sweet for certain.


I always felt like it would be wrong to just let it all go,

But I finally feel like it’s the right thing to do.

I used to want the person that I used to be to come back to me.

But after it all,

I want to become the person that I know I can be,

Not the old me.


I'm ready to move on, to move forward. To just let it all go.

The sharp knife of a short life really shows you how short life can be.

To appreciate a little bit more, to give,

to show those most important to you how much they really mean to you.


You can give up; I did for a long time.

But there comes a time when you have to pick up

the mess you made and move forward.


Even if it wasn’t all your mess,

life has its ups and downs.

But you have to get up when it brings you down,

sometimes it just takes time,

sometimes longer than you wish it would take.

It’s sad that it takes a short life for you to wake up

and see reality for the first time in a long time.


Gather up your tears, life goes on.

no matter how hard it can get at times.

Because there will always be better days ahead.

No comments: